Open Trail Races is the unique race timing system that autonomously generates automatic classifications when passing through each check point. With OTR the races are open to competition 365 × 24.
VERY EASY TO USE
- Download the OTR app and create your account.
- Choose a race.
- Download the track from the app and put it in your GPS device with which you will follow the track of the race.
- Keep in mind that for a correct record of your race you should not turn off bluetooth or GPS location at any time, so, do not activate de flight mode. In addition, depending on your mobile, you must deactivate the battery saving and make that the optimisation options for battery consumption are unrestricted.
- At the time of participating, try to have the battery of you mobile fully charged. If you are also going to take more than 4 hours to reach the finish line, connect an external battery to your mobile.
- Go to the exit point where you will normally find an indicator signpost.
- Push the START button and when the timer starts … run!
- Store your mobile, preferably in an external pocket.
- Do not leave the track if you want to qualify. If you get lost at some point and have to retrace your steps, do not worry because this will not declassify you, but do not cut to fix it.
- The race will end once you reach the finish line (better if you stop right there) and hear or see “Finisher!” on screen. If the stopwatch does not stop automatically, press the STOP button. To scratch for a few seconds, we recommend that you reach the finish line with your mobile phone in hand and the screen unlocked. The stop button also allows you to leave the race at any time, although if you did, you would not be out in the ranking.
- Once the race is over, the participation data will be uploaded to our server and will be examined. We will take into account that you have not ran off the track (do not cut), that your speeds are normal, and that the distance ran is like the distance of the race. If everything is correct, you will automatically be in the ranking. Otherwise, we will contact you, perhaps asking for your cooperation, perhaps telling you the reason for your declassification.
If you are abroad, compete without worrying about data roaming costs because you do not need to enable mobile data connection. You only need to activate Bluetooth and the location service on your smartphone to time your race.
COMPARE WITH OTHER RUNNERS
COMPARE WITH YOURSELF
Your ranking in each checkpoint. Partial times and total time with respect to the first of the general ranking and to the first of your category ranking.
CHAMPIONSHIPS AND STAGE RACES
The sum of the times of the different races make up a championship. You can compete as many times as you want in each race to improve your total time.
Stage races and mountain traverses work the same way. In the case of the traverses, this system replaces the traditional system of stamp or drill in each mountain hut.
When you have completed all the races or stages, you will receive in your email the certificate accrediting your participation with your race times and ranking.